MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Okay, so what's the fix (preferably w/out buying a new one)?

If you turn the rear wheel backwards, the flap gets sucked up behind it.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
If you buy a new one, try one of the older YZ models. They are stronger. The bolt holes do not line up, but you can easily add new ones. Best of luck. I have broken most of mine when I remove the subframe and set the whole assembly on the ground.

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Thanks for the tips, guys.

I just took a closer look at mine, the culprit was the lower left edge of the flap. I cut-off this corner with scissors, and it appears to be fine now. I'll let you know after I run it this weekend.

dog2

Sep 26, 2002
1. UFO also sells a replacement for about 10 bucks.
2. Some tires with very tall center knobs hit the flap more than normal tires and shred it.
3. Before you install the new flap you can heat it with a heat gun and bend it slightly away from the tire.
4. The permanent fix on my bike was to add one link to the chain when I replaced it. This moves the rear tire back about 3/8 of an inch, giving enough clearance to eliminate the mud flap-tire contact.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
My friend cut the end off of a rear fender, trimmed it, drilled the holes, and used it as his mudflap!!!

It has been on the bike for two years, and so far no chunks out of it. It is a bit thicker than your regular flap. :debil:

Is it just me, or do mudflaps seem to get shredded at an almost alarming rate? Is it just the tire hitting it or the debris also?

Top Bottom