yz250_guy

Aug 24, 2007
Hi everybody,Bought a 2004 yz250 5 months ago and i wanna grease the lower suspension bearings since i been riding this bike alot... I been riding dirtbikes for a while just never replaced bearings before, how will i grease them up?where can i get the kit?This bike hauls a** then my 03 kx250 that i sold to my cousin.. My yz came with fmf fatty,powercore silencer,new top and bottom end,skid plate,sprockets and chain,case saver,new plastics, and a very very clean bike overall... I love my yz250...

YZ Teacher

Mar 13, 2007
I have the 03 model and love it. The motor has to be the best 250cc two stroke ever produced. Anyway, the rear linkage is easy to tear down and re grease. Just be sure to work over a towel or a container when removing the needle bearings from the linkage or they will end up lost. Also, I believe you will need to keep an eye out for c-clip retainers. Use a flat head screw driver to remove them. Last but not least, use only a WATERPROOF grease when lubing your linkage. There is not much worse than trying to break free frozen bearings because someone did not use waterproof grease.
I hope this helps.

yz250_guy

Aug 24, 2007
Thanks bro, will in tear into my suspension when i get some time...don't you love that 250 2-stroke power.. braaap.. braaap

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom