Psalm31.24

Dec 5, 2002
I've got a combo question . . .

Part 1) I've got a stock 02 YZ 250. The jetting is stock and fine the way it is. If I put in a V-force will I have to change the jetting? If so any suggestions for where I can start?

Part 2) If I put in the V-force, am I okay still running the stock pipe?

I ride Southern California tracks (mostly elsinore & starwest)

TIA

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Troy: keep a lid on your wallet for the time being! the v-force works well on the yz as does the SST pipe as does erics porting. be careful, once you start all this stuff, its hard to stop :think: - until you realise the bike is just way too fast to ride, :eek: especially on them tight twisty tracks!

i hope to get to the track again soon, maybe cahuilla a week sat??? you can take my yz for a spin and see for yourself. then we can talk mods, jetting etc etc

cheers'

Bruce

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Usually when you put in the V force you have to go a little leaner... or at least when I did that with my 93 WR250 2-smoke I had to go leaner on the pilot. It ran great with it.

I already had an aftermarket pipe but I do not see how running the v-force would require an aftermarket pipe.

Ivan

Psalm31.24

Dec 5, 2002
BC & True,

Thanks for the advice. I will wait until my skill catches up to my bike then talk mods . . . which may be never! (ha ha). In fact, since I bruised my shoulder & ribs pretty bad yesterday, it'll be never and two weeks. Assuming urgent care reveals no fractures . . . ouch.

BC, we will ride together someday!!!!! I'm taking a two month sabbatical in July-August. I can come down south then and ride. I'll contact you in June/july

AZMotoHound

Dec 26, 2002
True, True bclapham....too funny.

I have a riding buddy that is a beginner and he spends all this money pimpin his bike out with all the latest & greatest and I still smoke him on my 02YZ250 stocker. New 250's have so much power stock and people feel they have to make them faster to get better....

I told him to buy some trining videos instead of some more mods.....LOL

Aftermarket pipes sure are perdy though!

roostfactor

Jun 11, 2002
I have an 02 yz250 with v-force and stock everything else including jetting. It runs excellent here in Tucson at 2500 ft altitude. You dont need a pipe or any other mods to run it and it does help throttle responce, low end, and some mid. Overall a nice mod if you can get a good price on one. I also modified my intake boot to match the v-force and ended up buying a stock one to replace my modified one so I would recommend just installing the v-force to the stock intake boot.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Too much mods?!?!?!?  Too much power?!?!?!?!

THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!! :p :p  :p  :aj: Now,  too little suspension....that seems to be my problem.  :scream:

Superchief

Feb 11, 2003
I can't speak for yamaha...but as far as Honda goes the 03 v-force is a bolt on and go type mod. they changed the valve ...... no cutting or modifing anything. picked one up for $118.00, along with a pro-circuit pipe($159.00) and r-304 shorty silencer($85.00). talked to Moto Tassinari and they say to go with pro-circuits settings for the jetting to start with, and go from there if need be.

billtx

~SPONSOR~
Dec 22, 2002
I have a 99 YZ125.. After adding V-Force, I had to go lean on the main and needle, rich on the Pilot (all settings changed rich or lean one increment from jetting used with stock reeds). I have it set in the high tension mode as they recommend.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by Studboy
too little suspension....that seems to be my problem.  :scream:

My MX-Tech revalved suspension is in transit at this very instance and will be on the bike tomorrow night.  Ride it on Thursday. :yeehaw:  

Top Bottom