BigKYZ

Jan 12, 2006
I was wondering why I'm not getting the famous 2-stroke hit out of my 2000 YZ125? The thing runs great down low with the smaller front sprocket, torque spacer, and 9oz flywheel weight, but I wound out 3rd-6th gear around my street to see how it's running before I take it out to the dirt and I wasn't feeling the top end rush as described by all other 125 2-stroke riders.

I've had the bike for about a month and I think it has been this way since I got it.

I think it may be the powervalve, but I'm not sure. Where is it on this bike, and how do I clean it, and what do I use to clean it?

One last thing, will the airbox from a 99 YZ125 fit on my 2000? I really hate having a white airbox because of my all black plastics.

THANKS, BigKYZ

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
Pretty sure a 99 air box would fit. The flywheel weight and spacer arn't helping anything in terms of a "hit". My guess is the jetting is lousy ou you don't know what to expct. Your not going to feel a huge hit in 6th gear on the street on a 125cc of any kind. Best bet would be to find some one experenced with these bikes and let them ride it.

good luck

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
It sounds like the power valve is not opening up. Check your manual for proper adjustment.

Top Bottom