BigJohn

Oct 7, 2006
Hey guys, I am between 2 used bikes. A 1996 yz250, and a 1998 yz125. The yz125 is in bad cosmetic condition, rear fender is broken, bars are bent, levers are broken, 1 spoke is missing, and the head pipe is alittle rusty. But it is in incredible running condition. The man who owns it started it with his hand! My dad went and rode it, and he says that the front end came up when he got on the gas. costs $1000

Now the yz250 is about 2 hrs. away, and I have not seen that bike. From the pictures, it looks to be in great cond. I do not know how it runs, as me, nor my dad have rode it. costs $1500

Try to include the following info in your first post
1) your physical size. I am 6'0" 190
lbs.
2) How physical / aggressive are you? I will ride very aggressively
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? Mostly trails, and the track.
4) Do you have any riding experience? I have ridden a utility 4-wheeler, and that's it.
5) Do you think you will race ? Yes
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? yes, and I enjoy working on machines in my spare time
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice I don't really care
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? yes, all of them
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike? 2,000 max
10) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

psd

Aug 4, 2006
The fact that you can start it with your hand would indicate to me that the engine of the 125 is in poor condition. If it had decent compression starting it with your hand would not be possible. The 125 sounds like it is hammered.

MDrider91

Aug 10, 2006
yea if he started it with his hand thats no good cuz then theres no compression. unless hes extremely strong. they say when you can do that that it needs to be rebuilt

DR_Z

Jun 3, 2006
Stay away from the 125!! If everthing on the outside is in bad shape then the inside is too. It's easy to fix levers and stuff and if he doesn't fix that he definetly doesn't do any engine maintenence!!

BigJohn

Oct 7, 2006
Hey, guys I already bought the 125. It is a GREAT bike, is has great power. I had a friend ride it, that normally rode a CR125, and he thought it had more power than his bike, and he didn't start it with his hand, I misunderstood my dad when he told me about it. Thx for the advice.

Top Bottom