Moto Man26

Aug 6, 2006
Hey guys,
While riding today, I noticed that my bike was spitting transmission oil out of the overflow tube, and I know that I didn't overfill the bike with oil.

And my second problem that I noticed, was that there was coolant dripping out of the coolant overflow hose.

Can someone please tell me what is going on....Hopefully, it isn't something major...

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Well come on, you're going to have to do some of your own investigating. We can't tell you anything from here with what you've given us. Start with the basics. Why haven't you drained the oil to see if it's full of coolant. How about draining the coolant to see if it's full of oil? Is your clutch slipping, did your oil foam up, what kind of oil did you use?

Moto Man26

Aug 6, 2006
*The oil I use is Bel ray Gear saver SAE 85W.
*When I did a oil change about two days ago, and emptied it today before ridng, it came out darker (blackish color).
*There isn't coolant in my oil, because it ain't milky color.
*My clutch works well.

My question is, could this be the crankshaft seals being bad and letting pressure come in my transmission making the oil spit out? But for the coolant spitting out I have no idea...

j.lawson

Jul 18, 2007
your coolant spitting out could mean your water pump's not working causing the coolant to boil over, just a thought.
And how much oil came out of the over flow? if it didnt before you changer it, and it is now, my guess would be you over filled it. But you said you didnt so...i dont know.

Moto Man26

Aug 6, 2006
The oil just poured out all the time I was riding(1 hour). And if it were my water pump not working, wouldn't my bike over heat(It didn't overheat at all while I was riding)??
How about my crank seals? Is this a possible problem.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I've never seen crank seals push oil out the breather tube. Foaming of the oil would be the most likely candidate. Any water in the oil could cause it to foam.

Moto Man26

Aug 6, 2006
I've check the radiator fluid level today and there wasn't any missing(just a couple of drops). I only noticed it leaking coolant after riding. But I'm pretty sure that it's the crankshaft bearings and seals, because lately I've been hearing a little rattling noise coming from there. And I've been told that when the crankshaft bearings go bad the seals do too. So when I'll have time to open up my engine, I'll check them out. But sadly this will only be happening next week. Any other help will be appreciated!

Hopefully it's not anything major, because I love my bike!

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Pull the flywheel cover on the left side. It's only 4 screws and takes but a minute to do. Sometimes, when that seal lets go, you'll get a lot of oil in there from the premix. You can also grab on to the flywheel and try to jerk it up and down to feel for play. If you have any, it's time for a new left side bearing. A little in and out movement is normal. Checking the right side bearing is a little more involved.

Top Bottom