mxrcrnick

Jul 11, 2007
ya i have a 2003 yz125 and it shifts fine until 3rd. 1st and second are fine then when i want to shift to 3rd it does nothing. i have no idea what the problem would be. i have a fairly new clutch in it i don't know whats wrong. :think:

Jun 28, 2006
Did this issue start all at once or is it something that started getting worst as you rode the bike? Are you the original owner? Any metal debri int he gear box oil? Sounds like a gear has sized to a shaft or engagement dogs worn off or maybe something with the shift forks/drum.

mxrcrnick

Jul 11, 2007
Big Bore Stroker said:
Did this issue start all at once or is it something that started getting worst as you rode the bike? Are you the original owner? Any metal debri int he gear box oil? Sounds like a gear has sized to a shaft or engagement dogs worn off or maybe something with the shift forks/drum.

ya, i went to a track and it just hit me. i went trail riding the weekend b4 and it was fine then after about 10 minutes of warming up it wouldn't go into third. i'm going to drain the oil and see if that helps but otherwise idk. thanks tho

Top Bottom