stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
i have a 95 yz 250 with the stock keihin, and a procircuit exhaust, and im going to go riding at about 6 to 8000 feet, any ideas on what size jets i need would be great
thanks,

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
What elevation is your bike jetted for now? Will the trails be tight and technical or will you be on the main jet?

FWIW, when I go from my normal 4,000 - 6,000' jetting up to 8,000'+ on my bikes it has always worked well to move the needle clip up one groove and to turn out the airscrew. The higher elevation stuff I ride you just don't get on the main jet at all.

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
im under 1500 hundred feet right now, i called a shop in carson city and asked them, i went 3 sizes down on the main(im going to be doing a lot of wfos)and 2 sizes down on the pilot, and ill see how that works this weekend

yamarider88

Jun 24, 2007
hey i have a 95 yz 250 with pro circuit exhaust too and i re-jetted it for 5-8 thousand feet i wish i remembered the size jets i used then i would tell you but i think i went down like 3 sizes on the pilot and 2 on the main and it rips it works way better when jetted properly i highly recamend it. heres a pic of mine but sadly i have to sell it because i now have a 03 cr250 which rips even more

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
yamarider: i bought two mains today anyway, 2 sizes down and 3 sizes down, along with a 2 size down pilot, depending on how it runs the first day up there, i might put in the bigger main of the 2 i purchased, thanks for the info, and i hope you eventually come back to the blue side
p.s. where did you get those plastics on your yamaha?

Top Bottom