curvecrazy

May 26, 2002
I have an 02 YZ250F which is the canadian version. Whenever the temperature gets down to like 40-46ish degrees F, the bike is impossible to start. I assume this is a jetting thing. Anybody know what I need to change in the carb to suit the cooler conditions. I assume a slow jet and or change needle height with a shim and or maybe a screw adjustment. I am pretty lost here. Anybody? thanks

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
First try to prime the bike. Choke on, start by turning the throttle 2 times to give two squirts of gas. Kick the bike through slow 2 times, 2 more squirts and give it a kick. If it just sputters try 3, and even 4 throttle blips. If the bike just runs then shuts off, you can keep doing it untill she picks up and runs. But yeah, sounds like your to lean on the PJ. You can try by turning the paj (air screw) out. Run it in till it stops and count how many turns it was out. Most say its ok to go 2 turns out. If you go more than 2, go to the next size PJ. You can get the zip tie air screw that lets you adjust it from the outside with out taking anyting apart. I have one, but have not installed it yet as my jetting seems to be dialed in very well. Starts 1st or 2nd kick after priming when cold and runs great.

Top Bottom