pete_yz

Mar 29, 2009
ive got a 02 yz250f and at the moment i am not using it very much, maybe 1 once or twice every 2 weeks just around the farm. last time i took it for a ride at night and noticed after about 5 mins of riding it around(not hard). i did have it idling for a few mins after it was already warmed up so i am just wondering if its anything to be worried about? like blocked radiator or water pump or something? im only new to 4 strokes so dont want to stuff the bike up. if someone could help me out thatd be sick
thanks

spark250

Feb 7, 2008
pete_yz said:
ive got a 02 yz250f and at the moment i am not using it very much, maybe 1 once or twice every 2 weeks just around the farm. last time i took it for a ride at night and noticed after about 5 mins of riding it around(not hard). i did have it idling for a few mins after it was already warmed up so i am just wondering if its anything to be worried about? like blocked radiator or water pump or something? im only new to 4 strokes so dont want to stuff the bike up. if someone could help me out thatd be sick
thanks[/QUOTE

Do a quick search on any forum. Probably one of the most asked questions.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Its normal for running it with the choke on, or idling too long, it should cool off during normal operation. Or you are burning fuel into the exhaust, too rich or bad valves. Gold, blue, red and then yellow and about to melt? So it could be worse!

Top Bottom