YZ250F FMF Ti-4 silencer/mid pipe + p-bomb header

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
I just got it monday and slapped it on. Great fit - they also supply an adapter sleeve if you are attatching the mid pipe to a stock header. ( I have the power bomb - moto header ). This pipe/header combo hits much harder off the bottom,and revs a little quicker to slightly more power in the mid, with just a tad more power on top. The higher the RPM's the less it adds power over stock - but it does feel like it makes more power than stock everywhere. But the bottom end is REALLY good.

Loud ?? yes. Closed course only, I would say.And not a field next to your neighbor's house. If you are going to trail at all, don't buy the pipe or keep the stocker to swap with. They make a 17 inch ti-slilencer, also but I don't know how much quieter that is. I got the 14 inch.

Jetting? FMF recommends a larger pilot and a whole turn out extra on the pilot screw - and raising the needle. All I did was raise the needle one clip and turn the pilot screw out 1/4 turn. When I turned the fuel screw out an extra 3/4 of a turn it was too rich, and I soaked a plug. I am at around 2100 feet. With those changes, I experienced no popping or backfires and no rich spots.

My rating - a 9 for motocross. Trails or enduros I would not even want to give it a rating because of the DB's.:D

Top Bottom