vibe

Feb 2, 2006
My friend is looking at a YZ250F for his first bike. He has cruised around a little bit on my 200... and seems to do fine. He weights 155lbs and I can make sure he gets used to the bike before trying anything stupid. Whats your opinion?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
If he can handle your 200, he should be fine on the 250F. I'm not sure what type of riding you guys are planning on doing, but if it's woods, I'm sure he will be just fine. If it's MX, then just have your friend take it easy with learning on jumps, as you have to be careful with chopping the throttle off a jump face on a 4-stroke, as you'll nose dive. My first ride on my 250F, that was just about the only adjusting I had to do from my 125.

Sub

Nov 19, 2004
no problems, I think 250f's are super easy to ride. My first bike was my 250sx but i am in my early 30's so that makes a difference (no reason to impress anyone when your old). A 2 stroke will nose dive off a jump if you chop the throttle as well, i've scared myself a couple of times doing that. Of course it isn't as bad as a 4 stroke with all the engine breaking, but I've almost gone over the bars a couple of times and the only thought in my head when jumping is stay on the gas!

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Another vote for no problem. He will be fine as long as he realizes he is new and respects that. A 250F doesn't have a hit or unexpected power surges so he will be fine.

vibe

Feb 2, 2006
Thanks for your opinions guys, he got a YZ250F today and hes loving it... riding with your friends is always more fun... and man hes picking up quick :o

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom