Nov 24, 2005
I will be needing a new carburator for my 2001 yz250f. does anybody know if i should stick to what i have on the bike now with hot start/choke/tps or change so a new 37mm 250f carb without the hot start? If i can put a newer carb on the bike without hot start will it be harder to start warm?
thanks in advance,
matt

Nov 24, 2005
my bike also has a decompression cam. my problem with my carb is that when i turn on the gas it pours straight out of the bottom drain in the bowl. any ideas what this could be?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Please tell me thats not why you are replacing the carb. If it is I'll give you 20 bucks for the old one :laugh: . :coocoo:

uh_oh

Sep 25, 2007
dirty stranger said:
my bike also has a decompression cam. my problem with my carb is that when i turn on the gas it pours straight out of the bottom drain in the bowl. any ideas what this could be?
check your float height.
Possibly a bad needle.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
uh_oh said:
check your float height.
Possibly a bad needle.
That and 30 mins of your time.

Nov 24, 2005
well sorry, thanks for laughing, its my first bike and im still learning about it. took me 19 years to save up the money. i took a look at the float and checked for holes and everything, but how can i check the float hight? should i take the bottom of the carb off and try to move the floats by hand to see if they are working? also when the float is up the gas should stop coming down right? or is that backwards?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom