u8dirt

~SPONSOR~
May 4, 2002
Hey guys,

I got my cylinder back from Eric today (one day after my birthday. Almost timed that one just right. huh?) So before I start twisting any wrenches I ran down and grabbed a new plug, some pre-mix and fresh gas. Got home, cleaned up the work bench, and got my parts laid back out. There! I'm ready! I went and thoroughly washed out the cylinder and dried it out, and then smeared it with some mix. Checked the ring gap, OK all's good!

I'm going to wait now 'til tomorrow to put it back together, (I'm off work right now because of an injury, but that's another story) So in the mean time I was thinking about what I should initially use for the jetting. It's an overbore, so I figure I will probably have to richen it up a little. Plus it's like 20 degrees here right now, and I'm still jetted for 70. I can't ride it right now,(well I'll have to see) just plan on running it a few to start the break in, so I may just richen up the pilot jet and the air screw.Also I noticed a lot of you were using the looser setting on your V-force, and I was going to try that too! Anyway I'll post back when I get it up and running and let you know!    

By the way I went with the mo-better port, and the 2mm overbore.

:aj:

Roost165

Nov 18, 2002
Sounds good dude and the V-force defianately is better on the looser setting. no loss in power just more bottom end so theres no hit

Wild Hare

Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by Roost165
Sounds good dude and the V-force defianately is better on the looser setting. no loss in power just more bottom end so theres no hit

There was a warning in the instructions with my V-force NOT to run the reeds in the low tension position. They said the reed life was VERY SHORT - just something to think about....

Top Bottom