YZ450 2006 Crank Case cracked Advise Replace or Not

jhuerta

Aug 1, 2006
Well back to work on my bike. This time the crank bearings broke and cause the rod to jam inside the case breaking the cylinder head and other stuff. Bad Luck! I try to take care of my bike and this happens. I notice that the case has a crack inside were the oil is poured in. The crack is large. But the outside seal is still good. The issue is going to be that the oil will go straight into the crank sections without going down into the bottom of the where the holes are that feed the oil to other sections. The question I have is should I buy a new right side case or just us this one. I don’t see why oil going straight to the crank case is an issue. Only other thing is that the oil needs to be pushed up the cams but I think this is done by the oil pump. What do you guys think? Cost for a new one is $350. I already need new crank, piston, cylinder, gaskets, other stuff. how to we post pictures?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
You may be able to have it tig-welded. Check with your local shop to see if someone in your area specializes in aluminum tig-welding.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
If it were mine, I would fix it. The cavity in the front of your engine acts like an oil tank for oil storage. Depending upon where the crack is and how open the crankcase is to the oil storage area, it may cause too much oil to be in the crankcase area around the crank and may not circulate the oil correctly. Where do you live? I may be able to recommend someone to weld it. It can probably be repaired for under $100.00.

jhuerta

Aug 1, 2006
Los Ageles West Covina 91790. Thanks It would be nice to have a spare.

I was thinkg about getting a new bike but I have attachment issues which I can’t break. Including all the extra wheels and parts that I have for my bike. I would rather fix it. Funner too.

I just ended up ordering a new one on ebay for that side. $350. So far I have Hot Rods crank 350 and going to get Cylinder Works Kit. Stock bore.

Thanks again Ol'89r

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Sent you an email.

Top Bottom