Aug 4, 2007
ok, i've got a 1995 YZ80. it has a racing clutch in it, and when i'm in any gear holding the clutch lever in it moves a bit, or stalls if i don't rev it. And when I try to move the bike in gear with the clutch fully in it is hard to move. I've tried adjusting all the clutch cable adjustments. Is my clutch worn out? or what.

Last edited:

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Clutches generally drag some, and it is generally harder to roll the bike in gear with the clutch in. If it's hard to hold the bike back while you rev the engine with the clutch in, then you've got a problem. My clutch is in good condition. It is very difficult for me to roll my bike backwards while in gear, but the bike doesn't creep forward.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
nogoodnameleft said:
I've tried adjusting all the clutch cable adjustments. Is my clutch worn out? or what.

If it has aftermarket clutch plates in it you may want to go back to the OEM plates. Some of the aftermarket plates will drag. Also, check your clutch basket for notches. These notches will cause the plates to hang and not work smoothly. You can replace the basket or carefully file the notches out. Also make sure you are running the recommended and correct viscosity oil. Some oils will make your clutch drag.

JGrossijr

Dec 29, 2004
Wear grooves on the outer basket, or inner friction disc hub, will cause the problem you are describing. Inner hub is most likely the problem.
Jim

dirtbiker820

Aug 18, 2007
76GMC1500 said:
If it's hard to hold the bike back while you rev the engine with the clutch in, then you've got a problem. .

well, mine will come forward a few inches when i rev it hard and then come back when i stop Revving.

yz80nbeast

Jan 25, 2007
i had the same problem with my 80 and it came out to the clutch the being word out, the only difference my didnt bogg.

Top Bottom