YZ80 Frame

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Well... I just got a YZ80, but the frame had been cut in half to mount the motor in a go-kart. Now i want it back into the Dirt bike, but i need a frame.

So its a 89 YZ80, are there any other years that the frame would be the same and fit (interchangeable)? Make it a little easier to find a used frame.

Thanks

~(V)opar

FMF Rider

Jun 15, 2007
I don't know of any other years that will fit but what you should do is try to locate a good used frame through e-bay . You should be able to find one for your bike.

DaveYZ250

Jan 16, 2009
i have a 2001 yz80 frame good condition, well great condition if it fits we can probably arrange something.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
How about looking at parts diagrams for various ears? Bikebandit would be a place to start. Don't always go by part numbers because those are sometimes changed each year even though the part remains the same.

To get a range to start with go to FMF and look up an exhaust for your bike and it will give a range of years that it fits. Then inspect the parts diagrams to make sure they look very similar.

Last edited:

bryank30

Jan 13, 2009
Service Honda also has nice Diagrams. Craig's list also has sweet deals on project bikes from time to time..

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…