lobe50

Jul 16, 2007
Hi All

All the bikes are acting up at once...lol
This is our 2006 YZ85, the clutch seems to just grab when trying to take off. If you try to slip it out, it just bites and trys to stall.

We took it apart, and here is some pics. It looks like someon has already been in there and ground the notches out of the basket. Can anyone tell by the pics if the clutch disks are worn?? And does the basket look too far gone??

Thanx All :)

Attachments

• 2006 YZ85 Clutch Disc.jpg
    2006 YZ85 Clutch Disc.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 605
  • 2006 YZ85 Clutch Basket 2.jpg
    2006 YZ85 Clutch Basket 2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 589

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I really don't know the measurements of the discs and springs in your bike but that's a good place to start. If the springs are out of spec you will need to replace them to get decent clutch action. It looks like the tab on the fiber plate in the top pic to the right edge is sort of mashed up? The outer basket appears to have been filed previously, depending how far it may very well be time for a new one. There are aftermarket solutions that offer better wear surfaces anyway.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I've never been a fan of filing the basket as anything more than a stop gap get you through one weekend type scenario. All you do at that point is increase the clearance between the basket and the tabs on the fibers causing even more accelerated wear and a harsher engaging clutch in my experience.

Springs and fibers will need to be measured for spec.

Top Bottom