yz85 rad fluid coming out weep hole

Blink-182

Feb 2, 2008
ok so i just got done rebulding my yz85 today new topend gasket set all that stuff i was riding it all good and dandy until i decided to jet it pretty much close to spot on as i could when switched to a 45 pilot it was wicked and then when i went to a 42 i loved the band even more but just recently out of know where it started to leak out the weep hole on the water pump and i read around here and i found out that when i start the bike without the cap on it swirls and all that but it has bubbles in it does that mean my gaskets up top blew?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
That bike uses a rubber o-ring for a head gasket.. Simple fix...

Plus, you might want to have a look at the water pump seal.

Blink-182

Feb 2, 2008
yeah the top end gasket kit it came with them and i put white linthum grease on them and installed them it worked fine until about an hour of riding i broke it in properly too just like eric gorr reccomends

Blink-182

Feb 2, 2008
it had came with a little slip that said they needed to be greased with lintuhum or what ever its called but just for the o rings? im about to take it apart right now, what could have caused this?and does it automatically damage your top end?

Blink-182

Feb 2, 2008
oh yeah forgot to put that i tourqed it to spec and in a criss cross pattern like the manual says but i just dont get what i did wrong?should i go ahead and tear down the head ?

Blink-182

Feb 2, 2008
is the radiator sapoused to bubble like that? it only starts to leak when its warm not cold if that helps any? im thinking of just getting new o rings and a water pump

Blink-182

Feb 2, 2008
IndyMX said:
That bike uses a rubber o-ring for a head gasket.. Simple fix...

Plus, you might want to have a look at the water pump seal.
another thing the top end gaskets it came with where just kind of like round the stock ones on the bottem had a flat surface and thats how you installed them could i have used the wrong gasket?
it is a gasket set for a 2002-2005 yz85?, but im going to get the stock head gaskets from bike bandit, when i tear down the water pump whats useally a FULL rebuild for it? i dont want it to fail or something again because i didnt replace something i didnt know i was sapoused too?

Last edited:

Blink-182

Feb 2, 2008
and also when i took apart the water pump the gasket looked like this?!? you think it has anything to do with it?

Blink-182

Feb 2, 2008
ok i found out what the problem is i took off the side cover and took off the impellar shaft and its all worn down it has grooves and scuffing everywhere im guessing my bearing went out?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…