rbt76

Aug 11, 2007
I just had my 250 serviced (carb clean, valves check, ect.). I took it to the track and it started and ran great for a 10 lap moto. I let it sit for 20 minutes and when I went to start, it would not start and flooded after 3 kicks. I push started it and it ran fine. After, sitting again it flooded after 3 kicks (no blips).

I push started it again and it started right up, however, gas began pouring out the overflow tube while the bike ran. I shut the bike down and gas continuued to pour out until I shut off the gas.

Is my float stuck? Is there an easy fix to my problem?

Thanks!

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
money is on the float being stuck or a bit of dirt in the float valve

D

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
One time on my XR100 when we rebuilt the engine and when we started it up, it did the same thing you described. Ran fine, but then gas pouring out. Gas keeps pouring out. Flooded engine. :bang:

Took me and my dad a while to figure it out, but..

I accidentily connected the carb overflow tube to the gas tank, and let the gas to carb tube just hang their. :rotfl: :bang: :bang:

This was a long time ago though.

It could be your float too.

crf230ripper

Jun 22, 2007
rbt76 said:
I just had my 250 serviced (carb clean, valves check, ect.). I took it to the track and it started and ran great for a 10 lap moto. I let it sit for 20 minutes and when I went to start, it would not start and flooded after 3 kicks. I push started it and it ran fine. After, sitting again it flooded after 3 kicks (no blips).

I push started it again and it started right up, however, gas began pouring out the overflow tube while the bike ran. I shut the bike down and gas continuued to pour out until I shut off the gas.

Is my float stuck? Is there an easy fix to my problem?

Thanks!

I would bet money its either a stuck float or some debris in your float seat. Gas pouring into the carb would mean your float is not acting right most times. check the whole float assembly carefully. Had the same problem on my old CRF when I rejetted and put it back together...in my case the float wasn't stuck...it was debris. Drove me crazy for like 24-36 hours , couldn't figure it out.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
It's your float. For a quick fix you can tap the side of your carb with a rubber mallet, or anything that will jar it pretty good (an open end works well..) Your float will usually stick anytime you drain the bowl completely, so if this happens again in the future right after running your bike dry, drain your carb or work on it, this is the problem.

rbt76

Aug 11, 2007
It was a stuck float. I took the float apart and re-set it. I have 2 rides on it since without any problems.

Thanks for all the help!!! :ride:

Top Bottom