Yzf250 2010 Hot Starting Problems

nev

May 5, 2016
hi all. please can someone help me with starting a yzf250 on a 2010 when hot. the bike starts no problem from cold but once it has done a few laps and is warm or hot or even when its been stood after a few short bursts of the track it will for the life of me not start again unless you bump start it. not good when you crash out on track and you have to push it back to service area and no matter what you do to it it will not start back up. all help will be much appreciated.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Quite possibly could be that the valves need to be re-shimmed. I would check the clearances and if they are good then look at the carb but I'm guessing your clearances on your intakes will be off.

nev

May 5, 2016
Quite possibly could be that the valves need to be re-shimmed. I would check the clearances and if they are good then look at the carb but I'm guessing your clearances on your intakes will be off.
ok and thankyou for replying. top end had a rebuild about 6 wks ago but its never started after its been run unless you jump it. will drop it back into bike shop and get them to re-check all the shims and also get them to have a look at the carb. cheers nev.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
They should have checked the valves when they did the top end. If not, that is poor workmanship. They should have tested starting it up and making sure the work they did is correct. There is the chance they made a mistake with the timing but that typically would result in no starting or mis-firing.

nev

May 5, 2016
They should have checked the valves when they did the top end. If not, that is poor workmanship. They should have tested starting it up and making sure the work they did is correct. There is the chance they made a mistake with the timing but that typically would result in no starting or mis-firing.
ok. the bike starts no problem from cold or being stood overnight but once its been rode round a track for a few laps or more and then stopped. for the life of me and kicking it over until your leg is ready to drop off it wont start unless you bump start it. will get shims re-checked and see what it comes up with on the tolerances. think I will use the trusted old 2 stroke kx250 1998 as never has a blip in performance or starting and atleast you can feel your leg after starting it l.o.l. thankyou for replying. this is much appreciated.

nev

May 5, 2016
hi all once again. this yzf250 2010 model is now doing my head in. l.o.l. I have now had valves re-shimmed / new coil pack plug cap put on and have now put a new stator plate on but for the love of a sore foot its still not starting and now I have run out of ideas of where to go next to try and sort this problem out. any or all help would be much appreciated from you guys out there. cheers nev.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
So does the bike still start normally (1 to 2 kicks) when it's cold?

Did you ride two-strokes prior to owning this bike?

Top Bottom