YZF's keep your rear sprocket bolts tight!

U2leight

Nov 25, 2000
Just trying to save somebody some money (plus everyone wants to borrow my bolts)Yamaha uses cheap bolts in the rear sprockets and In one week, I have watched one guy completey blow out his rear hub from a missing bolt. Then another caught it in time that he was missing a bolt, or he would have had his buddy help carry his bike across the track also! Found lots of loose ones. You have to really crank them down and check them as frequently as you don't want to buy a new hub. ;)

wizard69

May 3, 2001
I think that is for all yammahas I had to tighten mine every couple of rides
then when I got my rear sproket I put new ones on I check them all the time still as tight as the day I put them on
later

motoman393

Nov 12, 2000
use blue loctite and you wont have that problem! I had the same problem you guys have had until I used loctite and they havent nudged in 4 months...yet they still are easy to get off when I change sprockets.

Garrett

bashn

Dec 6, 2000
You can also over-tighten these bolts, resulting in snapping them in half! Use a torque wrench or you may regret it. These bolt are very soft. I watched my friend destroy THREE hubs before he figured out he was over-tightening the bolts.

Mark

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
My brother grenaded his rear sprocket and hub a couple weeks ago. It ain't just the bolts--don't run your chain too tight!

Top Bottom