Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Guys and Gals - Zink Ranch will open their gates for the first time in 10 years! :yeehaw: :yeehaw: The last time was for the ISDE in '94 and prior to that was part of motorsports history since the 50's. The race is on the the 7th of March which is the 1st round for the BJEC circuit.

Lorin sent in out entries so we're good to go - hopefully on row 20. JMD is going... WHO else????

Heartland Spodes...
Craig_Enid(I won't forgive you if I don't see ya' there!)
Lorin's ready
Justql(Are you race ready?!)

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I wasn't going to go, because I'm leaving for New Mexico on the 16th of March, but the more I thought about it the more I realized I have to do it--can't pass up the chance to ride a little history. Jimbo and I are trying to get on Row 20 as well. I'll mail our entries today.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Well, I mailed our entries this afternoon. Only $33 each; that's pretty inexpensive. Cost $89 for the AMA-sponsored TSCEC enduro last weekend, and the TORO race was going to cost about the same, after you join TORO and buy the transponder. So $33 is a bargain price to abuse your body in those rocky hills for four or five hours.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
sportbiker51 said:

Zink Ranch is up by Tulsa OK.

sportbiker51 they don't offer a class for street bikes - something about slimy,rocky conditions and bikes w/5" of travel that puts a damper on everything! :joke:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I'll be there. Probably on a later row, as usual. Gotta stay out of Roger's way!
I'll be bugging Dwreck, OKKXer, Scott, Tyson, Swift, VioletSP, and anyone else I remember....
There could be a great crowd there....
It would be great if Justin brought the mobil palace down for a Hearland Spodes campsite...;)

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Please Note!

Hey guys - in the flyer they mention spark arrestors - - make sure ya' have spark arrestors and your bike is below 99db's -

I would hate to arrive only to find out NO RIDE!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Enduro_Nut said:
Zink Ranch is up by Tulsa OK.

sportbiker51 they don't offer a class for street bikes - something about slimy,rocky conditions and bikes w/5" of travel that puts a damper on everything! :joke:

Roger: Mitch is REAL handy on his Honda as well. Made me look like the neophite that I am at Muenster last month. Y'all have fun, if I go anywhere that weekend it will be to TNT.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
FYI - Spoke with a guy who is marking trails for the enduro, he mentioned it was following alot of trails from the '94 ISDE and that it will be challenging!
Sounds good to me - what's an enduro for anyway? A little butt whipping :yeehaw: !
Or is it (Thanks to the Almond Brothers Band) "Tied to the whippin' post"?

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
Well guys... looks like I may be out. I was installing my `03 450 exhaust cam and found that I sank my bike deeper than I thought at Renegade. Everything was full of water so I am in the process of taking the cylinder off and making sure there is no rust anywhere. So far so good. If I get it going by Friday, I may reconsider but it looks pretty dim at this point.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Hope my 400 is going to be ready by Friday. If not, I can ride the YZ; it's prepped and ready to go with the exception of a spark arrestor, which I'll have to rig up somehow, worse comes to worst. Either way, I'm going. Supposed to rain Weds and Thurs, be dry Fri and Sat. It will still be muddy in the woods, I'm sure, by Sunday. Fun; muddy rocks. Looks like it will be a survival run.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I'm thinking a FINISH will be the first goal for this one....
It's frustrating when the bike has alot more gas and miles left in it than your old body does!
The '02 Indian Nations may be a similar race to what Zink sounds like it's going to be.....
41 C riders and 11 C finishers! :eek:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Weather report looks very ominous; heavy rain tonight through Thursday night, maybe a tornado. Might want to waterproof the old airbox.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Weather for this weekend should be awesome. Rain Wed. and Thursday is 100%. The weekend looks good.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Keetoman said:
Well guys... looks like I may be out. I was installing my `03 450 exhaust cam and found that I sank my bike deeper than I thought at Renegade. Everything was full of water so I am in the process of taking the cylinder off and making sure there is no rust anywhere. So far so good. If I get it going by Friday, I may reconsider but it looks pretty dim at this point.

So...Any luck?? Need a hand? Hope you can get it together, this will be a great ride!! :thumb:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
They got about three inches of rain in Tulsa yesterday and today, but Tulsa Trail Riders President Steve Travis says they're going to hold the event no matter what. He said that it's supposed to be sunny and windy the next couple of days, and that the place dries out fast. He also said that the course will be pretty rocky. At least the rocks should be dry. I think it's going to be a survival run, but I'm going, because I'm stupid. Any other idiots out there?

Top Bottom