craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Just in case you don't subscribe to the NTSP forum...
There will be some southern DRNers coming up to the Zink enduro on 3-7.
Make your plans to attend.
Dwreck
Bswift
VioletSP
DavTys
tdjok
Scott
Justql
OKKXer
Lorin
Elderly Maiconut :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Where do you get applications?

Skitspuce

May 21, 2003
where can I get more info on this? I live in Tulsa, and would like to take my boy out there. I'm saving/spending too much on his bikes (and his sisters Atv) to have one of my own, but all he's ever seen is MX and I'd like for him to see there are other things besides Travis Pastrana and the X-Games.

-ahem- A google search for BJEC and Zink did the trick...sorry.

BTW...any tips for watching an enduro? I apologize for my cluelessness :)

Last edited:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Best way to watch an enduro is to participate. Only way to see the whole thing, or as much as you want to!

Skitspuce

May 21, 2003
Have to be at work at 2pm that day :whiner: , thought we might just catch some of it. He'd dig just watching the guys at the start.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Weather looks good, and the route sheets are posted!
Lorin and Enduronut will be on an early row, and Justql and I have yet to determine our row.
What are all you fence-sitters planning on doing?
OKKXer
Dwreck
Keetoman
Skitspuce
DavTys
Bswift
tdjok
etal...

VioletSP said something about grown men saying it was too rough.... :eek:

Last edited:

Skitspuce

May 21, 2003
I'll be there...bike-less, but there. I'll have my son and probably my daughter with me. Good luck to y'all.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I'll be worn out from watching the Daytona Supercross on Friday night. :) I also have to work that weekend. I have a lot more excused if needed. :moon:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
RAIN!!! Looks like a good ole mud race... :laugh: back in my day I use to do good in the mud. With Zinc being a little rocky it'll make it a good combo of ruts and rocks. :yeehaw: I guess I better go fix the flat I got at Texas a few weeks back... :think: Craig, have you signed up?

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
DWreck said:
I'll be worn out from watching the Daytona Supercross on Friday night. :) I also have to work that weekend. I have a lot more excused if needed. :moon:

No excuses accepted - you gotta' be there! :laugh:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Just got a call from Scott, he's planning on coming over with me. :thumb:
Terry has been under the weather, but I THINK he's going to try to make it... :yeehaw:
Justin, I sent in the pre-entry with no row request.
When are you planning on hitting Zink and signing up? I'll probably show up Sunday morning. If you get there early, try to get Scott, Terry and I on a row with you? :worship:

Last edited:

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
FYI Guys!
This is a quote -

""Posted By:
Brian Jahelka
BJEC#: 1418
Class: AA

One more reason to get there early...
3/4/2004 12:16:26 PM Post Reply

If you haven't pre-entered, here is another reason you might consider getting to Zink a little early... As of Tuesday, they had 170 pre-entries. Rider limit is 300. I wouldn't wait till Sunday morning to get signed up if I were you.""

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I figure I'll chance signing up Sunday. At best I'll go down Saturday and come back home then back down the next morning. It's only an hour for me. If my son losses his game tommorrow I'll be free Saturday and I'll get us all on a row then. If the race fills up I figure it's a sign. I've never seen a BJEC only sanctioned race have three hundred. Another fear I have is them cancelling it if the rain gets bad. I doubt they want to trash the place the first time they get to use it.

tdjok

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2003
OK, I think I'll give it a shot. Still feel pretty lousy, but if I can sleep, sleep and sleep before Sunday, I may be able to push the magic button.

Oh, the quiet cap I ordered for the exhaust did not show up. They neglected to send it second day air. Called them back and they agreed to send another one next day with Saturday delivery at their expense.

Craig, you said you sent in a registration? It's a little late for me to do that, any suggestions?

I must be crazy, rocks.....mud....

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'll go but not likely ride. I'll bring the bike and decide last minute. We got in excess of 5 inches of rain, not sure if they will call the race or not. I would hate for the place to be closed for ten years again. The last race was a mud event so cross your fingers.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Bswift and I are on row 47
craig_enid,tdjok, and Scott(sorry can't remember your screen name :eek: ) are on row 48

Lorin and Roger are on 18 I think

It's going to be fun :yeehaw:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Loaded up and ready to pull out in 30 mins. Look out mud here I come.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I think the following Heartland Spodes deserve the these awards for their performance at Zink...

Lorin... The Wrench of the day. His Silencer(yes his silencer) fell off.

Poorest riding technique-myself. I rode my rear brakes till they locked up, this led to my bike eventually overheating. I quit at mile 10.

Iron man- Craig Langley. He was the only one of us to start the second loop. At the time of this posting he is still riding somewhere on the 31000 acre ranch.

No your bike can't do a loop on one tank of gas. Scott.

Stuck fastest-bswift he made it four miles before he got stuck.

Why did I let Craig and Justin talk me into this again- Terry for riding his second enduro. (You beat me this time :thumb: )But everyone else did too :flame:

All Smiles-Roger- for some reason he was grinning ear to ear when the day was over. :think:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
It's hard to believe that you can get stuck going 15 mph wfo in 2nd gear, all the way up to the pegs! Riding on ice would have been easier. The deep mud was not as bad as the 3 inch deep slime that covered the gazzillion rocks that were hiding ever where. The terrain was awsome but it would have been more fun without the 5+ inches of rain we got two days ago.
Race time: 1 hr. 10 mins.
Cleanup 1 hr. 50 mins.

tdjok

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2003
OK guys, we all did it!! Give ourselves a hand. Those were the most difficult conditions I have ever ridden. Well, I guess that does not mean much since I've only ridden in four places...The 500, Cooperland, Post, TX and the Zink Ranch. But anyway, I think you all would agree that it was pretty tough.

The mud was terrible, thanks Scott for single handedly lifting my bike out of the muck. I was moving through this one mud bog pretty well and downshifted to first to get my rpm's back up but hit neutral, came to a dead stop and that was all she wrote. Scott jumps off his bike and gets me rolling (sliding) again.

My worst event was the rock crawl. There was this little hill that ate my lunch. Up hill with wet, muddy rocks strategically placed to really make me wonder why I was there. Must have taken me ten minutes to get up that hill.

Craig gets a 10+ for his perfect performance on the high bars. Moving through the pasture at a pretty good pace when he came to one of the many swamps, bike stopped, Craig_enid, in perfect form, arms fully extended, legs straight up in the air, over the bars, for a front fender dismount. He said he was OK, so off I went. If that would have been me, I would have called it a day. But like Justql said, he is the only one of us to take on the second loop.

Had a great time guys. Thanks Justql and BSwift for getting me ready for the race. They taught me how to properly install and use tearoffs, I'd never used them before. Actually they put them on for me. Those tearoffs worked great.

See you at the next mud hole.

Top Bottom