tonester

Aug 10, 2001
I have had a problem for some time now with the forks on my Cr. I did the zip tie test and found out that my forks are bottoming multiple times in one lap at the local track. I weigh about 195 without equipment and am an intermediate/amateur level rider. I talked with a guy at Factory Connection and he had recommended I go with 45's up front but said that the 01 250 is undersprung in back. He said if I bump up the fork springs I should go with a 5.1 in back. Can anyone tell me if they have had a problem with their 01 Cr 250 and if this setup is going to be too harsh? Thanks

greaser

Mar 7, 2002
T'ster,
I just did the upgrade you are talking about. The harshness is controlled by softening the rebound ( on the bottom) clickers. I used race-tech .44 and .52
front and rear. I just did a 76actual mile enduro and don't regret the upgrade and about 30 laps at a local MX track.

See ya
greaser

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by yzeater
What is the zip ty test?
Put a zip tie around the fork leg to measure the maximum travel used. It gets pushed to the most extreme position and stays there so that you can measure later.

tonester

Aug 10, 2001
greaser, did you notice a difference between your stock 44's and your race tech 44's. I have also heard that the stock Honda 44's are on the soft side. That's where I am not sure if I should get aftermarket 45's or 44's......Help??

greaser

Mar 7, 2002
T'ster,
Oops, I had stock .43 and 4.75 springs and went with the race-techs , I mentioned before. A .45 would probably be more balanced with the 5.2 rear though . After I broke them in ( 10 laps). I adjusted the clickers from the stock settings , and cured some headshake issues by softening the top fork clicker ( compression) about 2 clicks. I also softened both ends rebound ( bottom ) clickers about 2 clicks. I am happy so far. I will tweak it some more this thursday ---I still havn't recovered from last weekends enduro !!!!

See ya
greaser

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom