AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
00 ;)

because it was the "first dirtrider.net fest" ;)

and well,because i missed 02's
and a some of 01's.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
'02 Was the best! Way better host (Brownie - Huge props man), better facilities, better woods! The Original '00 will always have a special place in the memory banks though.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
To me, everything at this years event was near perfection. Weather was a bit warm the first couple of days, but I sure can't complain.
The tracks were fantastic! Brownie, you rock my man!
The woods tracts were really laid out well and the rain Thurs. night made for a great scramble! Eddie, Bundy, and the rest...great layout job!
The campsites were grassy and made for a wonderful setting.
The food lineup this year was enormous and nobody was hungry...if they were it was thier own fault! Jack & Dianne's snowcones were great and sure hit the spot!
The sponsorship and givaways were fantastic this year, EVERY day was like Sat. of last year.
The crowd was great, as always. All the fantastic folks from DRN...PLUS some great fellowship with pros to boot. The riding shows we all witnessed by these guys was like no other. It's just not every day you get to see exhibitions like we got, then get to hang out and shoot the bull with the pros like we did. Brownie, you are one fast track owner man! Doug, Billy, and Guy absolutely rock on the track....and I can't forget to mention Kenny, who showed us that freeride guys CAN absolutely hang on the track with the best of them. You guys are all class acts and I'm certain I speak for all of us spodes when I say that your participation was highly appreciated and will never be forgotten!

I'd have to give the nod to this year's event. It will be very hard to top it. Very hard, indeed.

Thanks to all the sponsors and all the folks who made this event possible. I got my fix and my body is wonderfully sore!

I'm one satisfied pup. ;)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
where do you strart comparing-
01 drive 300 miles 02 drive 900 miles straight thru the night

01 drive home everyone in one piece 02 ride home with 1 knee and 1 watermelon :(

DW01 was great dw02 will be hard to top

Number 1 highlight of the weekend standing on crutches watching thekid line up alongside Dubach, Cooper, and Billy then actually race on the same track and at the same time with them. Believe me I was pretty damn proud and it made for a lifelong remembrence for him.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Originally posted by oldguy

Number 1 highlight of the weekend standing on crutches watching thekid line up alongside Dubach, Cooper, and Billy then actually race on the same track and at the same time with them.

No doubt. That was too cool getting to line up with those guys and head for the first turn!! It was even cooler blitzing up the hill and almost pinching Dubach off before he blew by me into the last turn....................to lap me!

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
LTM definately has a better woods area for harescrambles. I was a little disappointed with the flat and un-challenging terrain and lack of creek crossings (ok, technically they had some....so let's say WET creek crossings!)at Cooperland. The track at Cooperland has steeper jumps.....making me launch UP and not out.....something that I'm not comfortable with yet. Seemed that the parking area at Cooperland was larger though and more able to accomodate everyone. And, having Stillwater nearby is definately better.

I voted for LTM this year....and I'll vote for it again for DW'03. But, I'll go next year no matter where it's held.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If Browine would add a dump station and propane fill along with a water fill up I think it would be darn near impossible to beat his setup.

Hogwylde I'm pretty sure Guy Cooper is going to show Brownie some of the nasty stuff back in the trees he was not aware of yet.

(I did find some really great trials stuff right behind the main camping area but couldn't see letting full sized bikes try it, we had enough medic calls.)

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
I didn't get back in the trails the one day I was there, but it sounds like we weren't able to use the neighbors property like we have before. There are some great, great trails around there, but you need some guidance to find them.

Oct 10, 2000
I liked DW 01 better..............2hrs vs. 12hrs drive time hehehehehe.

I liked them both 01/02 and would go to Cooperland again next year if thats where its at. Just tell browwnie not to change the mx track as I just started to do some of the jumps...lol

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Okie and Crew - great job. In addition -the Heartland Spodes are a great group and thanks to Craig for introducing everyone to me!!
See Ya' soon! :yeehaw:

B

biglou

All three DW's have been the highlight of my year. I would definitely have to give the nod to Brownie and Cooperland for next year. Sounds like there will be another 160 acres or so available for lease and that the neighbor's land will be available as long as it's not sloppy wet. All this came straight from Coop himself (Like we're old drinking buddies or something!). But, like everyone else said, I'll be at DW wherever it happens to be. :)

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Since we did not make DW01, then 02 was GREAT, and the fact that I got to take home that purty new pressure washer which I won in the raffle did not hurt either. :thumb:

It is hard to imagine the great time that we had, camped out in the Fiver @ camp Tejas, where Stan Flemmings kept on saying 'I can't feel my fingers', then would jump back on his KDX and zoom off, he put in a personal best record of 171 miles on the ODO! in three days. He went five miles on one jump, till he cleared the tabletop, seems his Dad never took him to a track!

The hospitality of everyone was awesome, the sponsors were GENEROUS, and everyone seemed a real class act. I can not mention them all, but you Guys-n-Gals are the best!

Before we went, my neighbor asked me how we were going to chain the bikes down at night, no need to at all. Heck there was Dave's BRAND new 4 hour old YZ450F sitting there, and he went to town to sleep. Nobody touched anything. (well, the Beer was not safe, but at least they told you they were stealing it!) :confused:

There was one Guy riding around the BOMB Fire late @ night w/o a helmet, doung slow wheelies on an XR100, I asked why he was not wearing a helmet, and was told, 'He wont sue anyone, he owns the place :)

And @ the night time Poker run, seems like a quite a few people were out there cheering us on, but in a different kinda way! :moon: :moon:
Wouldn't know anything about that, wouldja Milk?

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Are we back to that?!?! It was MichMan I tell you!! :)

I left my video camera and digital camera under a tree near my bike as I went on the track to flag. I thought to myself, "Ya think that's a good idea?" I quickly realized that there wasnt a person there that was gonna take it and that made me comfortable. :) Its cool that that many people can get together for a common cause and just have fun. I applaud everyone there that helped, chipped in, or was just nice to everyone. Kudos!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
That is the thing about the DRN folks and DW- Leave anything out and it is safe. If you need something and the other guy has it take it and let him know when he comes back. Chances are your promise to replace it will be met with don't bother. I had no problem with leaving my camper wide open as well as my toolbox and spare parts. If someone needed something my only worry was that they could find what they needed if I wasn't there

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by Jaybird
Jack & Dianne's snowcones were great and sure hit the spot!

Attachments

• snocone.jpg
    snocone.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 155

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by Smitty
It was even cooler blitzing up the hill and almost pinching Dubach off before he blew by me into the last turn....................to lap me!

By the time you were here (top of the uphill rhythm section), he was already on lap 2 :cool:

Attachments

• smitty.jpg
    smitty.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 174

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Thanks. Cool pic Zio. I wish I was as cool as your Cali guys..... :)

Top Bottom