trev

Dec 23, 2005
I was driving my yz about 3 months ago and blew it up. I just got my cylinder back from mellinium technologies ( replated and welded scavange ports). I put the bike back together and noticed a vibration what I think is worse than usual on the bike. I had already checked the crank berrings when I had the engine apart so I know they are good, I pulled the clutch cover off and there is no play in the clutch basket or shaft and it turns smooth, I also checked the front sproket shaft again it was smooth and had no play. The bike seems to run and pull great but I noticed a little bit of smoke coming out of the power valve hose and i noticed that there was a little bit of oil came out of the crank case ventilation tube ( a couple of drops over about 10 minutes of warming up the bike. I was just wondering if all that is normal ... should I just ride the heck out of it and not worry about it ?
any help would be great because i need to start practiseing race season is only a month and a half away.

mazuniga

Jun 1, 2005
Could be pinging that didn´t show before because the compression was less....and now everything is tight... it shows... what kind fuel are you using?
When you check the crank bearings, how do check the play???

trev

Dec 23, 2005
I run 92 octane and everything on the cylinder and piston has been replaced with stock parts I did a plug check and it looked way rich ( black ) but I have never fouled a plug in the last year. When I checked the berrings on the crank i grabbed the magneto and tryed to move it up and down ... no play and then I tryed in and out ... again no play when I had the cylinder off i checked the rod berring by pulling up and down ( while holding the crank still ) and there is zero play in it just the usuall tiny bit of side to side. I run 32:1 mix in my bike and yamaha oil in the transmission when I ride tho i can't notice the vibration so I guess mabyee it is just nothing the main thing i was worried about is the tiny bit of smoke coming out of the power valve breather and the couple of drops out of the crank case venelation tube

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom