endurohero

Apr 16, 2003
I am currently servicing a shock for a 02 crf 450 that has been modified buy a nor cal suspension 'whizz"and upon orders from the current owner I am to find out what he did to make the shock work for a pro level off road rider.What I have found, has got me asking myself questions I cant answer.First I found that the shim stacks both comp side and reb side have considerably less shims than stock.For example the reb side has only three large diameter shims agianst the piston with no "crossover" shim between the rest of the progressively smaller dia shims.The comp side of the piston has 9 large dia shims of various thickness against the piston and thats about it (besides three alum spacers that mke up the overall stack height)and the base plate.Thirdly the piston has two bypass holes between the comp ports and the reb ports and the seal ring has two finely cut grooves in it to also permit oil to pass around it.The comp adjuster has not been touched other than the high speed adjuster was fully wound to maximize spring pre load.This set up is definately not what I can see as having any high speed comp control.Is this really what a person should be trying to acheive when setting a bike up for woods racing ?Please help.

Top Bottom