angst2

May 24, 2001
Spoke
Sorry I don't know the answer to your Q. I am looking for similar info. I did not get a reply to post further down the board.
Can you tell me what your owners manual says to set the sag to on your kx100
thanks
Eric Z

Darby581

Dec 19, 2001
OK, been watching this post and can not believe you haven't had a response from the guru's of this board. For the KX 80 and KX100 the sag works best when set in the 82mm-87mm range, with this you shoud have about 25mm-30mm of free sag. If you don't get these numbers, you need a different spring. You don't really want me to do all the work and give you the settings too??

angst2

May 24, 2001
A set the Sag to 3 inches. "Sawblade" as kind enough to reply to my post in the other thread with the info below that he got from his sons 99 kx100 manual.
I went to go adjust the valves at the top of the forks to find that they are not valve adjusters and only pressure bleed off screws. Im confused.
Eric Z

"Standard adjusting nut position from the center of the upper mounting hole is 76 mm (2.99 in). The adjustable range is 63 - 85 mm (5.48 - 3.45 on)".

Shock rebound stock setting is 11 clicks out.

Shock compression stock setting is 2 clicks out.

Fork compression stock setting is 10 clicks out.

Standard fork oil level is 60 mm (2.36 in).

Adjustable oil height range is 45 - 95 mm (1.77 - 3.74 in).

I would suggest that you invest in a maunal. Shouldn't be more then $45. IMHO Kawasaki's manuals are written poorly, but it beats not having one for reference purposes. .

Regards,

Sawblade

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by angst2
I went to go adjust the valves at the top of the forks to find that they are not valve adjusters and only pressure bleed off screws. Im confused.
Eric Z

angst2,

The fork compression adjuster is at the bottom of the forks. There is no rebound adjustment on the forks, only air bleed screws on the top of the fork as you found out.

Have you rode the 100 yet? Its a fun little bike to mess around on. I think when it comes time for a 125 for my son we will keep the 100 for grins and giggles.

Top Bottom