Maverik

Feb 22, 2005
Does anyone know the width on the stock footpegs for the 03 250s? I just picked the bike up, and those pegs seem pretty wide for stock. Something just doesnt seem right. If you kick the bike with the kicker in the arch of your foot (normal) it drives the top part of your foot into the corner of the peg. Damn that hurts. Thought for sure i broke my foot. :ohmy: Of course it didnt, but it left a beautiful bruise. I dont like the idea of tip toe kicking on this beast, that wouldnt be a nice feeling if it slips.

Maverik

Feb 22, 2005
I dont mind that the kicker contacts the peg, Ide say thats pretty much normal on any bike, but if i actually kick it down that far, it shouldnt be driving the top of my foot into the peg. Should it?

Chili said:
The kicker on my 02 contacts the peg. I'd say they are likely stock.

Rotaholic

Mar 10, 2004
I love the factory pegs on my 03, nice and wide and in a good place. Kicking it is an art though, I normally point my toes away from the bike with my foot very flat. I wouldnt start it with sneakers ouch lol. I have noticed that my kick start is slowly wearing away where it contacts with the peg though, probably my poor technique than design

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I have a '01 but it's the same basic design. I make a point to get the kick starter as high as I can on a compression stroke and then avoid kicking it all the way so it doesn't hit the peg.

Maverik

Feb 22, 2005
So the wide pegs are factory stock? Cool, thats what i needed to know. I guess i will just rivet a steel plate to my boots in that area. Im a worried kicker now. lol

Maverik

Feb 22, 2005
Im not sure yet. Like i said, this bike is new to me and i really havent gotten used to it yet. Those wide pegs may grow on me, but right now i dont care for the precision needed to kick it without breaking your foot. I will have to get myself all psyched up to kick it, lol. Are there narrower pegs that will fit the bike? I know thats probably a stupid question, but ya never know until you ask.

Crash 142

May 30, 2002
What aftermarket (wider) footbegs are available for the RM250? IMS and Fastway? Are there more options?

I have an 04, and have never hit my foot, but just went and checked it and could see how you could. I naturally angle my toe out, but think all my bikes have been like this.

Maverik

Feb 22, 2005
My toe angles out as well when Im kicking, but i still manage to bash the top of my foot on that peg. Its like halfway up the top of your foot. I will just start tip toe kicking the beast, orlike i said before, rivet a steel plate to my boot. I just measured the pegs, they are almost 2".

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
We could swap pegs as my 250's are the same quality but narrower, having two rows of teeth instead of three - I ould think that is what is causing the interference. Yes, they interchange with mine.

Top Bottom