Duc-Monster

Jul 2, 2002
Ok I am having a hard time deciding on my new bike. Here is a alittle info about me first.

150 lbs w/o gear
5'4" tall
10 yars experience riding on the street
2 years in the dirt

I am currently on an 02 YZ250. it is setup with a Doma Pipe & silencer. I tried other pipes and found this to be the best for my style. V-force 2 reed and a VHM head. I mostly run in the local sand and hard packed track. I have also done a few desert races, But next season I am going to try the local track and see how I do.

I am interested in a KTM but I have heard a few things. Everybody has told me the bike is great and the only thing holding it back is the suspension!

I also looked at the 03 YZ250 and it seems to be a real improvement over the 02! Do I go orange or stay blue?

thanks in advance

tigerowner

Mar 3, 2002
According to the mags the YZ is the bike to beat. I am not suggesting that you listen to the mags but considering you are used to the Yamaha ergos you may be faster staying with a YZ unless the bike feels wrong. Go sit on the rest and see if any others fit you better. Otherwise we can't really help.

hoov165x

May 31, 2002
Keep your '02 YZ. The minimal changes to the '03 are not worth your hard earned dollars. As far as the KTM is concerned- I have not ridden the '03, however suspension has always been a weak point- this from personal experience. Also, have friends w/ '03 KTM's and the rear suspension has not been significantly improved, according to them. I think you would be disappointed after owning what most people consider the premiere bike in the 250 class.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
The KTM is not out yet, and the Yamaha is an awesome bike. This from experience with both brands. I currently ride a -02 520 SX and had a -00 YZ250 before that.

Top Bottom