gvginc

Mar 26, 2005
Hi,

Any guesses on this. My son was riding (he does not race) and the bike simply quit. I cannot get it restarted, kicks over but seems to have no spark. I changed the plug, and it has gas, clean air filter, transmission oil etc... I was hoping to get some ideas before I take it into kawasaki.....

GVG

ncflattrack

Feb 18, 2005
no start

Start with the basics - Check, pull apart, and clean connectors. Especially on those going to the cdi box.(kill switch ones may be a good idea too!) After that if you changed to a new plug, probably going to have to check resistance in the coil, stator and cdi. In other words its time to earn your electrician licence. :nod:

gvginc

Mar 26, 2005
ncflattrack said:
Start with the basics - Check, pull apart, and clean connectors. Especially on those going to the cdi box.(kill switch ones may be a good idea too!) After that if you changed to a new plug, probably going to have to check resistance in the coil, stator and cdi. In other words its time to earn your electrician licence. :nod:
Ok, great advice thanks.... you are right. I have to get better at playing with these types of problems. I thought it could be more serious, as he was riding and it just shut off.... thanks again for the advice.

GVG

Top Bottom