mxaniac

Apr 6, 2006
I bought my son a used 05 CR125 2 weeks ago and the fork seals started leaking. I tried the usual tricks to no avail so I pulled the forks apart expecting to find twin chambers. By the time I had them completely apart and no twin chamber I was ready to stop cussing KYB for hiding things and acknowledge that I had the same cartridge style KYB forks as the 04 model.

I have the actual MSO from Honda, this is a 2005 model made in December of 2004. Could Honda actually have shipped this bike this way or did someone pull a fast one on me?

mxaniac

Apr 6, 2006
Never mind, some $%*&#($* took off the correct forks and put on an old pair of bent to hell forks from an earlier model and then sold me the bike.

mxaniac

Apr 6, 2006
OK a little weird having a conversation with myself but in case anyone else runs across this:

Happy with the motor, we turned our attention to the chassis and suspension, which are very similar to 2004's. In fact, contrary to previously released information, the fork is identical to last year's. The new Kayaba Air/Oil Separate System fork ran into some issues during testing and was shelved at the last minute.

dirtrider_dot_com/tests/motocross/141_0502_honda_cr125r_cr250r

Top Bottom