Ride, reschedule, or cancel

• Total voters

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The storm that is hitting Denver with heavy snow is going to be dumping 1-3 inches of rain from west/northwest TX thru Oklahoma and KS beginning Friday nite and all day on Saturday according to the latest forecast.
TX247 is skeptical that we will get to ride. MX547 is open to delaying the ride until Sunday. I'm open to that but if there is a huge amount of rain, the track may not open on Sunday. DWreck has to work Sunday so that is not an option for him.
Sawblade is for post poning the ride for a couple of weeks. Vote the poll, PDQ!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Due to banking regs... I'm out. I'm sooooooo sick and tired of banks holding some out of town checks for 5 freaking days and then letting similar amounts go straight in. I'm getting close to believing that the "bank hold" is based on how much you have in your account. It's almost like they seed it with hopes of making you go over. I was a participant and recipient in a previous class action suit with this particular bank.... me thinks this may be another opportunity! :|

Last edited:
B

biglou

Robert and I are coming down tomorrow night regardless. It'll be good just to get on the road, if nothing else. If we ride Saturday, great. If not, that'll be fine also! Not sure if we'll stick around till Sunday to see how the track is. Either way, I say we eat at Deiter Bros. Saturday afternoon! :nod:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sawblade's computer crapped out and I just spoke to him. We will wait till tomorrow morning to make the final decision.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
sawblade and i are going to wait a few more hours this morning to see what happens. any updates yet from down south?

B

biglou

FYI-Just talked to Tony, we are going to have dinner tonight somewhere in Denton after we drop the bikes off if you all want to join us. Robert and I are going to load up around 1130 and then grab some lunch and head south.

Jay-I'll PM you my cell number. I don't think I have a valid cell number for you anymore. Give me a call this afternoon. We'll be driving through Pryor around 330-400 this afternoon, btw.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
mx547 said:
sawblade and i are going to wait a few more hours this morning to see what happens. any updates yet from down south?

Showers going through DFW now. I talked with Gene and they were at Muenster and it had showered there last night, but no puddles. He didn't think it had rained out towards Nocona.

Y'all come on down. Lou is going to ask Gene for the name of a Mexican food place in Denton and we are gonna get together 8:30, or so.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i just spoke to sawblade. we're going to bail. he won't be available again until february.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
DWreck is going to work A.M. Saturday so his boss can go to a funeral. We'll watch the weather and may head down and hit Nacona Sunday. MX547 will likely join us if we head down Sat. afternoon.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Saturday is a rainout. DWreck, MX547, and I will likely head down to Denton tomorrow.. Looking to ride Sunday afternoon and maybe Monday as well. Can someone local call us with track conditions Sunday morning? PM me for my number.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Latest info is the track will be closed on Sunday. The sun is shining and the owner expects to open on Monday.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i know what you mean. there was a time when i went to oklahoma 3x and it rained us out everytime. i was accused of all sorts of rain dancing.

by the way, lou and robert win the effort/optimistic/what the hell trophy. 1000miles in 18 hrs.....all to sleep on the floor and get a free breakfast. sorry about that guys. i know the pull of nocona is strong. see ya in 90 days.

are you going to take some time off and make the sx/ride weekend there evenslower?

B

biglou

Hey, dinner with Tony and a couple Coronas, then charizzo and egg breakfast burritos this morning, it's all good! :cool:

Seriously, we had nothing else to do. I just finished caulking my shower, and it needed a day or two to dry, so...

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i'm heading down this morning. nocona is like a drug. i've got a ton of things to do but by god, i'm going riding.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
They cancelled practice today. We were major "bummed". Great time at TX246's place as usual. Didn't get to ride but had a good time. Thanks Gene and Maggie! BTW, it got cold in the garage last nite but I was prepared and made it thru without frost bite.

Top Bottom