mackmanj

Feb 15, 2009
I recently bought a 76 TS100 that is very good condition but is not running. I pulled the stator assembly and found that somebody had stuck a screwdriver in the coil that excites the ignition and cut some of the windings causing no spark at the plug. I repaired the windings,put the stator back on,and still have no spark. Does anyone know how to test the stator with an OHM meter. I was also wondering if the battery has to be charged to get spark or not. I used to work on small Honda 4 stroke cycles years ago,but this is my first Suzuki. Is there anything I need to know about how to time this engine or set the point gap setting? From reading other threads I think I understand how the oil injection system works and what type oil to use. I hope to get this bike running for me and my kids to ride on the weekends. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jay

chillywilly

Jul 12, 2008
I might be wrong, but i do not think that there is any way to repair a stator at home. The wires could still be broke or the coating is damaged and leaking current. I think you will be looking at sending it out for rewinding or a replacement unit.As for testing it if you put the meter on the leads and check for continuity, not sure what #s you should see, but you should see something.As for your other requests, go get a service manual from somewhere or go to your public library and look there, ours has some great repair books on the shelf.

mackmanj

Feb 15, 2009
Turned out to be corrosion in the kill switch,corrosion in the key switch,and broken wire on the spark ignition coil. My repaired stator is working fine. I got lucky and found a wiring schematic on the internet. Thanks for your input ChillyWilly.

chillywilly

Jul 12, 2008
Good to hear that it's running, wow 3 strikes on the electrical system thats crazy.

Top Bottom