colochris

Jul 24, 2003
Sorry to bug everyone but just a brief question. I recently bought a 1997 rm 125. It is all stock. I want to mix it up some to be able to compete next year. I have already tried to find good aftermarket stuff but just a little confused. I would life to get a pro circuit or fmf pipes, but do not know which is good because some offer better bottom to mid power and some that are mid to top power. I am just looking for some help on what you think. Also the stock muffler is badly needed to be replaced. What do you think would be a good choice all I see is silencers, do I need one?? Do they increase horsepower or anything??? I am sorry if I sound pretty bike stupid, but with nice people like you it helps people like me get smarter. Thank you

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
quite often, pipes just move the power but some times a bit of power can be gained. if the stock muffler is bad your best option is an aftermarket one- have a look on ebay and see if you can pick up a FMF fatty and muffler, there are loads for that bike on there cheap and its a good do it all type pipe- hopefully you can save some money here and with the change keep that bike nice and fresh

good luck

125 rider

Sponsoring Member
Oct 1, 2000
I had that same bike and with the mods i had was the fastest, yet easiest to ride 125 i've ever ridden. Mine had a wiseco pro lite piston, boyeson rad valve, stock gearing, and full pro-circuit exhaust. That bike never asked for anything and ran fine on pump gas.

Top Bottom