tcdarr

Aug 29, 2002
Castrol TTS fully synthetic 2 Stroke oil is by far the cleanest and best lubricating oil on the market. When you pull the jug the motor is spotless with very little wear. It is one of the only JASO rated oils which is required by the mfgs. I mix it 50:1 with Turbo Blue and change the jets according to the race fuel.

Castrol invented motorcycle oils and world-wide there is no other dominant player in motorcyle lubrication.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by tcdarr
«« This Post has been NUKED »»

Castrol invented motorcycle oils and world-wide there is no other dominant player in motorcyle lubrication.

The door is open :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by tcdarr

Yeah, and I invented FIRE :silly:

Save the BS company SPAM line for the other internet boards. Next time I'm just going to delete your posts unless you offer up some sort of PROOF to back up your over the top statements.

For those who don't check profiles this "gentleman" is a Castrol rep.

Last edited:

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Thanks rich,I was going to switch over to castrol after hearing his comment on the product,infact after I read his sales pitch I was headed for the store to buy some.Hmmmmmm WHAT OIL DO I USE NOW!!!!. :scream:

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
limitless,

I'm still using mx2t @ 32:1 and am happy.

Too bad you can't find out what the last owner was running, it would give you a big advantage. Maybe you could find out from the shop? It would save you some time experimenting.

As I already stated, the Amsoil burned cleanly as well for me.

If you had to go with a starting point and no history on the bike, My suggestion is 40:1, just because it's middle of the road. The label on the Golden Spectro seemed innacurate to me. They are telling you what ratio to mix for what type of riding you will be doing, I don't change my oil/fuel ratio for riding conditions. I change my jetting.

It may take a little time to find what works for you, but most of us have been there. More oil is generally better than less, then jet for it.

I can't comment on the castrol since I've never heard of it before.

Happy Trails,

Chief

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Castrol/Shell rep? Perhaps a distributor rep.

bigred455 I've used many types of oils, some I can't even remember...but I have never had better luck with anything as I have with Mobil MX2T. On my 125's I run a 24-26:1 ratio, all others 32:1

Chief, I think that a person should choose a ratio with riding style in mind, THEN jet up for it. A putt around the woods type of guy can mix at 50:1 and be fine....but the high rpm racing guy on the same bike may need a greater amount of oil, IMO.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by Jaybird
Castrol/Shell rep? Perhaps a distributor rep.

bigred455 I've used many types of oils, some I can't even remember...but I have never had better luck with anything as I have with Mobil MX2T. On my 125's I run a 24-26:1 ratio, all others 32:1
I was just trying to be sarcastic,guess It didn't work.I have been using amsoil.Thanks anyways. I am stoked are you guys stoked?

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
chief,
thanks for all your help, i went and picked up some mx2t today! ill be doing some expermenting on the ratio tomorrow. thanks again:)

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Originally posted by bigred455
Originally posted by Jaybird

I was just trying to be sarcastic,guess It didn't work.I have been using amsoil.Thanks anyways. I am stoked are you guys stoked?

bigred, don't feel too bad, most people don't get my jokes either, although I sometimes get a pretty good laugh out of them myself.

I for one am not stoked. I find my typing and spelling performance and other basic motor functions are not suffficient when I am. Excellent question anyways. :yeehaw:

limitless, you are welcome anytime. keep posted.

Jaybird, as usual, I agree with you, but I am basically the 'putt around the woods' guy (no offense intended nor taken). If anyone could get away with 50:1 it would be me, yet think 32 or 40:1 is generally a middle ground. Just because mainly I ride what's convenient in my neck of the woods. A lot of tight stuff, yet when I'm WFO on a culm bank or at on a RR bed, it's good to know I'm at 32:1 and not 50:1, yes, I realize it is leaning my mixture, but in my case, it works, my jetting is rather rich compared to other guys with the same bike, and it sounds/runs right. It's tough to make a call with varied terrain, but in truth I am a novice, not very fast, yet I like to let it scream when I can. I guess I'm just adding to what you said.

I have learned on this board that more oil is generally better, I am just trying to get away with using as much as I can.

As Always,

Chief

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
i road for about 4-5 hours today at 32:1(uncle recomended it) didnt foul any plug's and it didnt smoke that much at all... i may try 40:1 but 32:1 worked prettywell for me, thanks again

Birken Vogt

Apr 5, 2002
I mix MC-1 at 32:1....I know that's not what you are supposed to mix it at, but it works good, smells good, and doesn't gunk up anything....

Now I have a good friend who uses almost exclusively Chevron outboard motor oil. And I have also worn out the carburetor of an chain saw (motor still fine) running 10:1 of 30 weight motor oil. Also ran a similar mixture in a Banshee for about 10 miles to get it back to camp with no apparent ill effects.

Take all this rambling for what it's worth....

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
When I was 12 (back in '76) the return spring for the kickstarter on my Broncco snapped. We couldn't find the part, so my Dad put S hooks both on the pivot of the kickstarter and a bolt for the pipe guard. We cut circular sections of bicycle tire and used them as rubber bands to connect the 2 s hooks. Every now and again I'd have to replace the rubber bands because they would wear out/dry rot and snap. Otherwise, that too worked well with no ill effects except sometimes I'd have to kick it over 20 or so times before it fired up. (poor jetting?) and my friends would get to sit and wait for me while commenting about how I needed to rewind the rubber bands before I rode :confused:

Ironically enough, for what I perceive to be poor engineering on their part, I can't ever remember having to push that bike home.

Last edited:
Top Bottom