Racerboy1a

Oct 29, 2000
Has anyone tried adjusting the powervalve on their 200? I know you can, I just haven't tried it. What do you do and what is the difference in the bike? Thanks!

Jason

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
There's a really good thread addressing this on <another site>.

Racerboy1a

Oct 29, 2000
Powervalve ???

Yeah I checked out that thread but it didn't really tell me anything. Yesterday I took the large nut off the powervalve adjustor, what do you adjust? There's the odd-shaped gizmo the nut threads onto, and there's a smaller nut on the inside of that. Anyone Know?

Thanks!!

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
it's the larger nut that u turn to adjust ur powervalve, i made the mistake of backing it all the way out the other day to get my side case off, and now i hafta figure out what the stock setting was. can anyone count the treads exposed so i can get a rough estimate as to where i should be at, thanks

socal scott

Nov 2, 2001
Understand 125/200 aren't truely adjustable like the bigger bikes. All your accomplishing is changing the closed height(loosing torque/creating more hit).
POWERVALVE??? may not be the correct thread. I posted a couple after figuring out "how to" with out all that X or Y deminsion stuff.

Always make 2 markings(one on the adjacent stationary object and the other on the adjustable object) and count the turns when removing movable object.

El presidente, I recomend removing the small cylinder side cover(shifter side). Look at linkages for markings(notches)
Turn the p/v adjustor so that the single marker on one linkage is next to the upper marker on the linkage with the two markers. Stay just inside the marker. You will be at the most fully closed position for the p/v's.

Racerboy1a

Oct 29, 2000
It works!

Well today I just went out and messed with it. I turned that thing out 2 full turns, and the bike would barely pull. I then went back in 2 full turns, plus another full turn just for good measure, and the bike rips! H-U-G-E difference, and the bottom power is absolutely awesome, even with 5 teeth off the rear sprocket.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom