Cr125rider17

Sep 13, 2008
I just recently bought a 2001 cr125, the owner said the bike needed thoughing and that he had just replaced top end. The bike has a aftermarket pipe(FMF gold series power core 2). I rode it once at Slades Park in Surry Va. After awhile of riding it took more and more kicks to start. Finally it did not start and the kick start had very low compression. I replaced the spark plug and it started but still had very low compression. Once I changed the plug it started, but Idled very high. I fiddeled with the idle screw on the carb but it didnt seem to have much affect for when I gave it gas it started Idling high once more. The bike now does not start. :bang: Any help would be great

Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
yea, you need a manual and take it apart look at the top end and see what it did on top.take the carb off and the the reeds and see if theres sand and dirt in there.

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
If you need a rear carb boot I have a brand new one that I don't need anymore. I thought it would fit my bike, but got the wrong one and the dealer wouldn't take it back. Its for an 01 cr125.

Top Bottom