dirtroost

Jun 21, 2002
I went out riding and noticed a hiccup in the power delivery in what seemed to me to be in the midrange of the power curve,being hot around 90 degrees at sea level I switched the 1469d needle from the #3 pos. to the #2 pos. as I started the bike back up the engine it raced several times at near full throttle but I quickly killed the engine both times as I had not adjusted the cable correctly.Once that was squared away I rode the bike and it was much worse than before blubbering under power,the only place it had any power was at top end, I then proceeded to check the reeds everything looked fine I cleaned the carb put the needle back to the #3 pos and put in a new plug started the bike and it still runs crap,with no snap it just blubbers spewing exhaust fumes.Boy these two strokes are finicky it makes me think about going back to thumpers,any ideas would be appreciated.

dirtroost

Jun 21, 2002
re: 125sx acting up

I finally got that pumkin screamer running right,I re-cleaned the carburator blew it out and adjusted the float level to bring in less fuel put in the #45 pilot jet, needle to #2 pos, 188 main jet she's now running hard with excellent throttle responce. I guess I was not making any sense on my first post because I got no replies,anyway this may help someone else with a similar problem.Dirtroost

Top Bottom