rcpilot_971

Oct 30, 2002
I have a 2002 CR 250 the bike makes a clicking sound when you are on the gas with load on the motor dose not seem to do at slower speeds and dose not do it if I just rev the motor while its sitting there I thought it might be the chain but seems like the chain would not do this under a load and its not a fast clicking sound any one have any ideas

Thanks Tim

pace

Nov 21, 2003
Well, detonation can sound like a sparking/clicking type of noise and that would be somewhat consistent with the conditions you described.

Perhaps you can better quantify the frequency of the clicking? Also, at what throttle position(s) does it occur and is it intermittent or perfectly regular, etc.

rcpilot_971

Oct 30, 2002
it will do it when you get on the gas hard at about 1/2 throttle
or maybe a little less than 1/2

I have heard of detonation before how do I fix it or how do I find out if that is it or not ?

Thanks for you help

Thanks Tim

rcpilot_971

Oct 30, 2002
I checked the sprokets first thing
I got some vp race gas today and I dont hear it any more I hope that was all it was I did'nt get to ride to long to day

Tim

soulmate33

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 29, 2004
I also own a 2002 CR250 that had that problem.
Seems like premium unleaded didn't have enought octane to prevent the pinging. I'm using VP C-12 now.

rcpilot_971

Oct 30, 2002
soulmate33 said:
I also own a 2002 CR250 that had that problem.
Seems like premium unleaded didn't have enought octane to prevent the pinging. I'm using VP C-12 now.

did that vp c 12 solve the problem ??

I only got to do about 3 or 4 laps with the vp fuel and I did not hear it any more I hope that was all it was I wuse the VP 110 what is the difference in the C 12

ThanksTim

Top Bottom