97 moto

Sep 11, 2000
I saw a actual factory Kawasaki photo this weekend of the new KX's from the factory. The new KX's are much slimmer with taller and narower radiators to make it slimmer, the rear brake is like the Honda set up with no reservor for the fluid( the source said this unit on the KX is just like the one RC is running on his Cr right now, remember how the mags say the brake fluid will overheat well the Kx's unit is larger than the Honda so it holds more fluid to help prevent this problem), they have the rounded off rims like the 125's, the frame is shotgun metal color (now you can run green or flogreen and the color will match), the usual motor mount for the head that mounts to the front of the frame, now mounts toward the rear of the motorcycle. This is some of the changes I can remember there are so many changes and it is like a completely different bike. The pictures floating around of the Works KX overseas is very close to what this bike looks like but it has Kayaba instead of Showa's like the pictured bike has. So KX riders or other riders I would hlod off before you think of buying another brand again when the new models come out in a few months, because it looks like the KX will be back to be bike of the year again like in 97 and 98 .

97 moto

92cr

May 18, 2002
I saw some pics in dirt rider mag.I wonder how much more power they're going to be able to get out of the same motor though since it looks unchanged.

Top Bottom