02'Cr Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2001
After visiting a few dike bike sites I came across a thread about disconnecting the TPS on 250 RM's.I sure this is not something new,but wanted to post it for those looking for more power.

I disconnected the carb TPS only on my 2003 RM250,let me tell what the results where.It made the bike pull a little better on low end but made a big difference in mid to top with a lot more over-rev.The bike pulls harder,and cleans up the jetting too.This Mod does not do any damage or cause any problems.So for the guys that want a little more over-rev for free try this mod.I found one link from motocross.com that had a write up on a 01' RM250. :cool:

klikboom

Mar 1, 2006
what purpose does the TPS serve then? WHy did Suzuki introduce it? Is it just suppose to help the low end?

The only place I open up my throttle fully is in the dunes, and it does seem to fall on its face a bit at high RPM's....hmm.

Could you explain what you mean by "over-rev." Sorry if that is a commonly understood phrase.

I'll try unplugging the TPS this weekend in the dunes and report back.

Vampyrz

Oct 21, 2004
The TPS on my '01 RM250 has been disconnected for quite some time. No complaints. Runs like a top and much better than it did when I first bought it.

02'Cr Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2001
I don't thinks RM 125's have TPS ,Do to the fact that they don't need to be be detuned.TPS is found on the carburetor,TPS stands for "Throttle Position Sensor" and what it does is it monitors where the throttle is and talks to the CDI ignition box.

Top Bottom