marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Ihave looked over all the yz250 dynos from 01 to 05 and they range from the 05 that was tight to a best of around 47hp for a fully modified one, i dont think a std 05 will make 47hp.

BradFrost

Jan 2, 2005
He's right there. You really have to know a genie to get much more than 47hp. I know what you mean about the Hondas being more comfy. I took a chance and haven't looked back with my YZ. It just took a while adapting to the power delivery and body positions. Made me a better rider for sure. You're in a very fortunate position with all the deals on offer so have fun with whatever you decide on :ride:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Thats a 03 with a v force or a boyesen and it has no conversion factor(eg sae) so the results are only really good for comparing.... well nothing as if the tests were done at different temperatures then its no real comparison at all.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
Also note that it is easy and fairly cheep to change power output and delivery (porting, jetting, flywheel weight, exhaust etc), but much harder to change handleing or egronomics. Sounds like the CR is the best choice for you.

Enjoy :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom