Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
The Hilltoppers, 29 Palms GP is on April 2 & 3rd. This is a really fun race, or at least it was last year. :aj:
The motorcross section is super toned down and most of the racing is out in the desert section and is typically a fast type race. :ride:
I thought this was one of the best GP's I raced last year. So what about it Scar, Ol89er, Elk, Thumbs, Eel, Hole and anyone else? Ill be racing the Sunday races again but its always fun to have some new faces racing.

Heres the link if anyone is interested

http://district37ama.org/offroad/calendar/apr05/05hillgp.jpg

Franky5711

Feb 17, 2005
Any more info on this? I had a friend trying to talk me into heading out there? How is the riding in general around 29palms worth the trip or no? I head there was supposed to be riding like right outside the gate and stuff that was pretty good? Thanks for the info

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
I havent play ridden out by 29 Palms but where the race is its pretty wide open. The pit area, if memory serves me right, has a wire fence around it. The race is a blast and will make up for any play riding anyways.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I wanna do Glen Helen again. :cool:

I won't make this one. good luck

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Taft was great, Glen Helen was great, so far the GP series has been lots of fun so there no reason to believe that 29 Palms wont be just the same :cool: . Your missing a good one Scar except for the drive. After 29 Palms comes Palmdale which is definately a motorcross riders dream. Elk thats should be right up your alley :nod:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Boodac,

If I can make it, what should a 40+ knucklehead 250 rider enter?

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
2strok, the best race would be the Over 40, 250cc. I believe its race Race #10 which also includes Over 50 & 60s, women and minin's. I think the majority of the older crowd have to work on Monday so they tend to tone it down a notch and dont typically stuff you in the corners and such. The novice groups gets about 20+ riders. The only problem is that in race 10 you get all the mini's and some of the slower women riders but if you sign up as novice you should stay ahead of that unless you start to lap them. By that time they are pretty spread out so its not an issue.
Im not sure if Im going out for the weekend yet, but come on out and hookup with us when your there. I usually hang out with Big Al and a buddy but feel free to hang with us when you come out. Ive decided to hang back in the beg class this year because my buddy is racing for the first time. Im hoping to get him to move to Novice before the year is out.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Ill talk to the woman and see if she is interested in spectating, if so then Ill be in for sure. Ill keep you posted, pre reg ends tomorow I think.

Top Bottom