MoNkEyTurbo

Aug 21, 2006
I did a search and came up with a thread that asked a similar Q'.

But the site suggested, "Terryscables.com" was not working correctly.

I was wondering if anyone knew a place that had 79' YZ250 clutch cables. Or what other years will fit the 79' YZ250.

Also, wondering if anyone has an exploded view of the motor and trans?

Thanks for any help guys. I've got the clutch apart, and going to be installing some new clutch plates and fix the broken pin that holds the release rod in.

wirefryer#85

May 26, 2006
Try Bike Bandit dot com and go the exploded view of your bike.

If the part is "discontinued" try MotionPro (ON THE PHONE TO THEY'RE TECH LINE) or ask for the cable for the IT Model or Enduro bike of the same year, risky but sometimes worth it.

Luck!

Tim

MoNkEyTurbo

Aug 21, 2006
Thank you for the bike bandit link, that is everything I was looking for, thank you so much. I love exploded views.. thanks again.

Britt Boyette

Aug 16, 2004
If you see it listed at Bike Bandit, that also means that you can get it at the dealer too. If the parts are cheap and the savings aren't that big, I order them from the dealer, otherwise, Bike Bandit is the way to go. I've ordered from them 3 times with great sucess.

MoNkEyTurbo

Aug 21, 2006
I did actually order one from my local yamaha dealership. It costed 25$ and will arrive on monday.

I've spend a few G's on parts/jackets/helmets through them over the last few years. damn it..

Top Bottom