City Hunter

Feb 8, 2008
so which would you go with?

I'm tossing around the idea between a 465, which needs a bit of work, or for a 100 bucks more I can pick up a hard starting 490, which after reading, they are all hard starting.

I hear the 465 is better for up in the hills, but frankly I'll ride whatever.

I've read bad and bad about both. Should I just shoot myself now, or ride or die?

Handling? I bet they handle and jump better than my tw200s. I've been riding one with blown out forks for 5 years, that thing handles like a dragster.

zoommx

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2001
Properly tuned, not that bad to start using the proper technique. I would recommend the IT465 if you're planning on hitting the trails because the gearing is better. The YZ490 would best be suited for the track, but could be used for trail riding with focused throttle and clutch control.
Good luck,

City Hunter

Feb 8, 2008
with the 490 is pinging a really big issues even fully stock?

City Hunter

Feb 8, 2008
I have no plans on racing it, just a woods bike and the dunes.

I took the 490 for a spin yesterday, a bit more than I was expecting. i've rode big 4's but never a big 2. Theres no hesitation from a cruise to insta power lol. Unfortunately the bike had a jb welded clutch area, looks like the chain doubled up and broke a hole in teh case there, there is so much jb weld I cant tell, the shocks are soft, a aftermarket fmf slipon that rubs o teh back tire, and a leak at the bottom of the main case halves.

I still might grab it. I decided to think about it, as it is a bit much, and will definately be tough on some of the trails I've ridden, but for most of the logging roads and hill climbs it seems like it would be great.

Top Bottom