'86 KDX 200 - Anything I should know?

Jh85

May 17, 2001
My dad is trading some junk (about $500 worth) to a friend of his for a 1986 KDX 200. It's in good shape. Someone robbed a kickstarter lever off of it, but otherwise it's still in good shape.

My dad is 49, about 190# and plenty off riding experience from years past. He has one of those four wheeled things that he used for work and a little play riding.

He needs new gear so after spending $350 on gear he cant really drop $2500 on a newer KDX.

It seems like a fitting bike for him, What do you think?

BTW I already tried to get him to sell the q u a d :debil:

TIA :)

Kawierider

Jun 7, 2001
good bike

hey,
congrats you picked up a great bike. I own an 85 parts bike so if you need parts give me an email. anyway, jsut check the bike over, make sure there is no play in the linkage bearings, and check the compression especially if there is any clanking soudns in the engine like excessive motor noise. if yo udo your top end look at the crank bearing anc check its side clearance and slop.also if it has bee nsitting for awhile and doesnt run well try cleaning the carb it will do wonders.
I learned this all the hard way lol so take care and congrats.
tim

KawiRider132

Apr 28, 2002
I have an 86 KDX200 as well it is a really awesome bike, it takes any and every abuse I give the thing and it still runs great. Make sure after you ride in the mud, to clean out the drum in the rear it will start to stick a little. Thats about all I can think of about it. Congrats on finding it I have never had any trouble with mine and I hit all the jumps at the track that my friend hits with his 95 CR125.

Top Bottom