xandada

Jun 2, 2003
I'm looking at getting a 1995 ktm 250 exc and was wondering what some of your opinions on this bike are? Where do you go for parts? I can't seem to find anyone who carries piston kits for that year. Any feedback on this model would be appreciated. I'll be riding mostly woods and a little mx with it. Thank you.

old style

Nov 7, 2001
I have a 95 300exc, I was supose to sell when I got my 99. It's too nice of a bike to get rid of! I've spent alot of time and money making my 99 suspension work as good as the 95's. I think 95 was the only year KTM used a flat topped piston. You need to buy a stock KTM $ one or have the head machined to use a after market one from another year. Mine is still original, I've never even had the head off! I've never had problems getting any other parts, but it's needed very few.

Tom

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Yes the 95 piston is the first of the flat tops prior to that they were dome top. But it is different to what is in the 96 and 97 in the pin to deck height so you cant use later model pistons. Pistons for 95 in aftermarket form cannot be purchased so its OEM or...get a 94 model head and run 94 dome tops pistons this will allow you to run Wiseco pistons. This works. I run 94 dome top Wiseco's in my 95 300 using a 94 head (I sleeved mine out and bored it as Wiseco also make them in oversize).

Top Bottom