Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
Went riding on Saturday (about 100 miles, no problem except bog on G-out landings) Sunday I washed the bike, found the vent tubes plugged w/mud, so I disconnected them @ the carb and blew 'em out w/ compressed air. Put it all back together. It started hard, and stalled as soon as I tried to idle it. Now it won't even try to start. I've had the carb completely apart, blew out all the passages, The spark plug is nearly dry, I've had the exhaust off to inspect, tried spraying a small amount of carb spray down the intake w/ no results. Also, the first time I removed the plug that covers the main jet it had a rather large amount of sand in it. This had to be from Saturday as I just had the carb apart for a routine cleaning before that. I also haven't been able to do a decent check for spark, as I had no helper in the garage at the time. I'll have more time (and maybe help) this weekend. Any suggestions?? This is really frustrating!! :think:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Well my guess is that you still have sand/dirt in the jets and passages of the carb. You need to disassemble the carb completely and blow the passages out with some compressed air.

Once you know that all passages in the carb flow, then you can reassemble the unit. But without knowing how thorough you are, it is hard to say if you did the job right the first time.

Top Bottom